Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Doctor's Advice

I was just on a bipolar awareness thread.  I thought of all us with bipolar and it never seems to amaze me of just how many desperate for education and healthy treatment. I am the first to admit the countless times I asked for medication advice from other bipolar patients instead of my doctors due to bad pdoc decisions and my trust in those like me. I thought I was my own doctor. I changed my own meds by advice from others. I played with the dosages and I discontinued those I did not like. In the long run, it hurt me deeply. My BP symptoms were out of control. My Pdoc was changing my meds monthly because everything she did for me I changed myself. UNTIL, I decided to do what she said to do. My side effects(or thought to be) stopped. My symptoms leveled out and I feel like a successful person among society. I am content and I am doing what helps make me better. I now post in these groups advice of being compliant. Only do what you are told to do. ONLY take your doctors advice because they are the only one knowing of your symptoms and can professionally recommend what you need for your health not another self -medicated person doing exactly what made you sick.

No comments: